Friday, June 18, 2010

It's Old School DysFUNctional Friday Won't You Follow Me Day

It's Friday. This means that as of 1 pm Eastern Standard Time, I will have a 5th grader. What? Wait. I have to read that again...a 5th grader.

Moi? No really.

Oh that's scary. She's one year shy of middle school and while she thinks she may be ready, I am FAR from ready. Yes, yes, I know. I have a WHOLE summer and school year plus another WHOLE summer before she starts middle school, but that's really not very far away at all.

I mean not like it was way back when she was 3 and just started preschool. Middle school seemed centuries away when she was 3.

*sigh* 
If only they stayed little.

A portion of this post is linked up with parenting By dummies Old School Photo Friday. Visit Dumb Mom for more Old School posts and link up your own!
*********************


Are you wondering who gets the bowl full of ice cream this week? 

Today's BSOW is....

(drumroll please)


She's knows exactly how to end her day. She's not ashamed to admit her age. She even enjoys a baby for dinner once in awhile. She's got 3 books waiting to be published. And she is a single mom. Can we say superwoman here?

I asked Buffi if she died and was reincarnated as an animal, which animal would she like to be and why...

Buffi says: 
My "A" (real) answer:  I'd come back as a mosquito.  I'd only live one day, then return as a human again.
My "B" (backup) answer:  I'd come back as an elephant.  I'd keep a mate for life and never worry about getting too fat.

Run, go check out Buffi's blog and leave her some love. Tell her what animal you'd want to come back to life as, then come back here and link up for Friday Follow Me., We can hold hands and bloghop together.


friday-follow


This week's Friday Follow Me is hosted by Stephanie at Goober Grape Monkeyman, Meg at Just Another Manic Mommy, and Traci at Traci66. Just click the button above to go the Friday Follow site, follow the 3 hostesses (and leave comments) and link up (just once is all it takes!) and let the FUN begin!!!

See ya there!!


24 comments:

Angelia Sims said...

What a cute little pre-schooler. Fifth grade! I remember 5th grade well. They just don't stay little long enough at all!
Congrats on your new "still little" fifth grader.

Paul and Kerry said...

I couldn't agree more with the if they could stay little forever part. My baby is going to be a SENIOR in high school and I am dying! I don't want her to leave us. ever. So relish in my anguish that you at least have 7 years until you are here. waaahhhh! Kerry

Tiffanee said...

I so agree! I will have kids in 3 different schools next year. My baby will be in first grade. I wish I could stop time, slow down and enjoy it all!! Now following.
onecrazycookie.blogspot.com

RawknRobynsGoneBlogWild said...

Your almost 5th grader is adorable. Thanks for the follow and the great start to "fill in the blank." I'm happy to follow you along as well.
Cheers, and have a great weekend.
xoRobyn

JessRaquel said...

I just love the fact that her name is Buffi. And from now on I'm calling her Buffy. With a y. That's right. Booyah!

Julie M. said...

It is amazing how quickly they grow. My oldest just finished kindergarten and i still feel like he was just a baby the last time I looked at him. That picture of our daughter is too precious!

Have a great weekend!

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

Aww the picture is so cute. I wish they could stay little forever too sometimes. Faith has gotten so big. The neighbor mentioned it last night. I didn't even want to hear it. She has grown so fast.

Tami
www.heartsmakefamilies.com

MSLibLady said...

Your newest follower here! How could I not follow with a word like "poop" in the title. It's my world! lol! I wish they could stay little forever, 5th grade? I can't even fathom.

Gina said...

I cried at the fifth grade graduation this year thinking that before I know it my 3 year old will be the one that's 11 years old, heading to middle school. Sniff, sniff.

An Imperfect New Momma said...

So precious....dont they just grow up to quickly? Dang. Love the answer about the elephant. LOL.

Buffi Neal said...

Mine is a bit older... facebook and bras :(

I'm thrilled to be featured. Thanks for the ice cream. Coffee flavored of course.

-Buffi
My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog

I am Harriet said...

Hi there.
Stopping by from Friday-Follow to say hello.
Thanks for playing.
Have a great day!

http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/06/5-advertising-just-another-manic-friday-followers/

Kiki said...

Hello there (had to add it here, just in case you missed it) - oh, I am so sorry for not responding earlier - it's been a hectic week! So, NO thanks for my wonderful NON - Award that you so graciously, DID NOT give me... You are NOT amazing and I am NOT ecstatic!!

XOXO
Kiki

Mama Hen said...

What a cute picture! Have a great Friday!

Mama Hen

Mama Karen said...

They grow way to fast! Im really nervous for when mine start school period

Liz said...

What a sweet little girl! Have a great weekend!

Christy said...

that's a really cute picture!

Katie's Dailies said...

Oh, I have a 5th grader, too, and he's about to start middle school this year. ACK! It's a pilot program the school district is trying out and his school was picked to be the guinea pigs... so off to middle school he goes in the fall. ; ( But he's super excited about it: "I get my own locker, Mom!!" But what about me?

Happy Friday (at last!!)

Lourie said...

My little middle is going into the 5th grade also. It just doesn't seem possible. Just 10 short years ago, she was still in my belly planning on an early release. (4 weeks early) My oldest is going to the top of middle school food chain. An 8th grader. Sigh. Where did all that time go??

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

Jellybean was a cute little preschooler. Too sweet! Look, I'm right there with you. I can't believe that I have a child entering high school next year. I also have a soon-to-be 8th grader and 2nd grader. They keep growing up on me. If only we could keep them little forever...
Thanks for stopping by Drama Mama. Hope you have a fabulous fun-filled weekend that doesn't involve being left in your car for hours while your hubby conducts business. lol ;)

Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
@TweetingMama

Missy said...

My oldest is going to 7th grade next year. 7th is a new building where he goes to school. I'm so not ready for it! Between him going to 7th grade and my youngest going to school next year I'm going to be a basket case!

libys11 said...

such a cutie!!!! :D

just stumbled upon your blog.. i think that you have a nice site here! :D

Animated Confessions

CharmaineZoe said...

Great blog! I'm a visitor from Friday Follow (No.356) and a new follower of yours. Please drop by and say hi at http://www.charmainezoe.blogspot.com otherwise known as 'Tails of Terror from the Black Lagoon!', and don't worry, I'm not scary!

savedbylovecreations.com said...

Great pic from preschool. Time flies ridiculously fast. Yikes. I am a new follower from Friday Blog Hop. Stop by and say Hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments